Tuesday, June 14, 2005

I'm goin' to Disneyland?

My wife's family lives in the Southeast.
My best friend lives in the Northwest.
I'm a teacher - big, fat summer vacations.

We drive a lot.

The past three years have seen us piling the clan into the van, and driving multi-thousands of miles, gone from home for multi-weeks.

Not this year.

This year, we decided to stay home. Ahhhhhhh...
I love to drive, and love to travel, but I needed a break from it, so it wouldn't loose it's joy factor.

So, this year we decided to buy Disney Annual Passes instead, and go to the park a bunch. With four boys, three of which are old enough to enjoy the place, it seemed like a good idea. It still does, but today made it tough.

I was our first full-day trip to the park, and it was everything we locals know to expect, but forget about if we've been away for a while:
1) Hot. Hazy. Smog. SoCal weather at its' worst.
2) CROWDED! The wait for some rides was over 90 minutes! Oh yeah, that'll go over real well with the 3 year old.
3) This was the kicker, the thing that sent wifey and I over the edge.
$10.90 for two fries and two sodas.
I am not kidding.
Oh, and it took me over 30 minutes to get them.

Lessons learned? More on that tomorrow. Right now, I'm still shaking and sputtering from "lunch".

2 comments:

jaymarie 10:14 AM, June 14, 2005  

i feel your pain, really, i do.

interesting blog, "i'll be back." (said in our governor's accent :-)

AuntieJeanne 5:46 PM, June 14, 2005  

I went to Disney World (the Florida version) a couple of months ago and had the same problem. The kids love it though. Do they have the "fast pass" at Disneyland? It sure helps with the long lines.

About This Blog

NASA Image of the Day

  © Blogger template 'Personal Blog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP