Sunday, May 29, 2005

Is dissatisfaction godly?

I am currently reading a book by Dan Allender, called The Healing Path. Great book! Very good insights, and seemingly well grounded in reality. Anyways, one of the points he is making is that God uses dissatisfaction to get us to move to where/what He wants of us. We humans will stay where it's comfy until we get poked enough to heave ourselves out of comfort, and into adventure.

I hope that's what is going on in my life. I have a great job, live in beautiful So. Cal., live in a great neighborhood, in a house that needs work (built in 1924), but overall is excellent . . . and I ache to get out of here!

The problem is that I am a huge chicken when it comes to this kind of thing. So I'm stuck: I want out, to a quieter, more rural life for my family, but I am also paralyzed by the fear of the unknown. And, I desperately don't want God to "urge" me out! God's urgings in things like this usually involve something that will make a great testimony later down the line ("...I came home one day to find my whole family had been sold on ebay!...")

So, for now, all I know is I want out. My prayers are for wisdom and courage as I walk this path with my family.

More on this later...

0 comments:

About This Blog

  © Blogger template 'Personal Blog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP