Monday, October 31, 2005

Where am I? And, a question...

In answer to Jennifers' question on my last post, I am still here, but took the whole weekend off from posting anything. And, being a professor, the weekend is Friday to Sunday (trust me, we do all sorts of deep, professorial stuff during that down time, any rumors you hear that we sit and eat Coco Puffs and watch Johnny Quest reruns is pure conjecture on the part of jealous part-timers!).

I am in recovery mode from trick or treat with my 4 boys - candy central around here!

Biggest joy: watching how much my boys enjoy handing out candy to the other kids in the neighborhood - whenever selfishness melts, life is good.

Question unrelated to anything posted so far: Why did God test Abraham? No, really, I'm serious. What was the point?

I have an idea that is starting to roll around in my head, but I wanted to put the question out there, and see what others think.

Let me know - my thoughts next post.


Also: prayers for comfort healing go out to Tracey and her family on a sad, sad anniversary today. I don't know where the gold is in these ashes.

2 comments:

Professor Steve 8:50 AM, November 01, 2005  

Jeanne,

Thanks! I'll check it out!

~Jennifer 10:44 AM, November 01, 2005  

Regarding Abraham being tested, I suspect that it was foreshadowing the sacrifice God, Himself, would make. God made his covenant with Abraham, brought him to the point of sacrificing his son, but then saved him, and ultimately sacrificed His own son. I never really thought of it in that way before, though, and will be fascinated to see what you come up with.

About This Blog

  © Blogger template 'Personal Blog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP