Monday, October 24, 2005

What the heck is God doing?

How much time do you have?

The title question could be answered over the next four days and not come close to being completed. To kind of quote CS Lewis, Aslan is always on the move.

What is refer to specifically this time is thanks to AuntieJean and her comment on my last post. She mentioned reading "The Year of Magical Thinking" by Joan Didion, and having not heard of it, I looked it up in Amazon. It sounds achingly interesting, but too painful for me right now. What launched this post, however, was the "customers who bought this also bought..." section. One of the other books listed was "Christ the Lord" by...Anne Rice.

Anne Rice?!?!?

Vampire Queen Anne Rice?!?!

I had to check that out.

It turns out that she has written a serious (not just a gimmck to introduce vampires into the ancient world) novelization of a portion of the life of Jesus as a boy - coming out of Egypt, going to Jerusalem, etc.

It turns out she has committed/recommitted her life to Christianity through the Roman Catholic church.

I find this significant. Any time a quality writer of the dark (Stephen King, Anne Rice, etc.) turns to the light, I can't help but wonder if a few angels do the party jig in heaven with a little more gusto. Think of the number of people their writings touch.

I plan on getting this book at some point - she's too good of a writer to not take this opportunity to read her portrait of the boy Jesus.

You know who's on my high list of people I pray will return to the faith they walked away from? Marilyn Manson.

Check out Alice Cooper today, and tell me it couldn't happen.

God is full of surprises - watch out!

0 comments:

About This Blog

  © Blogger template 'Personal Blog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP