Thursday, February 03, 2005

Emperor's Clothes, Pt. 2

I kind of left the previous post without a good or satisfying conclusion. Maybe there isn't one.

I guess the final point or solution is to strive for a re-awakening of the idea of beauty as something transcendant - meaning not just dictated by current whim or fashion. Then, choices for clothing/hair/etc. would be made based on comparisons to the ideal, not the trendy.

I realize I am on incredibly shaky ground here, and have probably alienated what few readers I have, but I just wanted to explore this idea, throw it out, and see if anything comes back, good or bad.

What say you? Do I have a point, or am I just a jerk who doesn't understand?

0 comments:

About This Blog

  © Blogger template 'Personal Blog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP