Wednesday, July 06, 2005

I'm Still Here

I will be posting something else pretty soon.
Right now, I'm still pondering something that happend at church this past weekend.
As part of the service, we honored a young man, Abraham Simpson, who was related to members of our congregation. He was killed in Falujah.

I don't know how to put this quite right, but seeing the uniform of this young man hanging empty up front made me very angry.

Angry with politicians who value power, intrigue and their petty little feifdoms more than lives.

The democrats are doing it now, and it needs to stop.

Don't kid yourselves. They oppose the war because George Bush is in charge. Some slimy republicans did it when Bill Clinton was in charge, but not as many in the mainstream of the party. This group of democrats seem to have lost sight of some essentials.

1) Every power play to undermine the war on terror gets someone killed. One of the good guys. Shame on you.
2) If the U.S. is united, no opposition can survive before us. Our enemies will melt. You know it, and they know it.
3) Every power play to cause disunity in the U.S. gets someone killed. One of the good guys. Shame on you.

I am an obscure guy with an obscure blog that no democrat in the federal government should ever have reason to read. I don't usually deal in the political here - I feel me usefulness on the web is in other directions. So, if you are reading this, consider very carefully how it came to your attention.

Could the mighty hand of providence be at work?

Abraham Simpson is dead.

He died so that I could light sparklers with my kids, and not fear tomorrow.

He is a hero.

There are democrats who could be heros too, but it might cost them their political lives.

What a small price to pay if it saves just one Abraham Simpson.

0 comments:

About This Blog

  © Blogger template 'Personal Blog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP