Monday, September 06, 2004

Why "Defiant Lamb"?

It's the title of a song by an artist of immense talent, and whom God has decided to keep under the radar for most people.

His name is Bob Bennett, and you should check out his website: http://www.bob-bennett.com
You can even download a free song of his! Well worth the visit.

What is a defiant lamb? Buy Bob's most recent CD, and find out for yourself! I guess I would describe it as our state as fallen humans desperately in need of a shepherd, and foolishly demanding our own way. Life would be so much simpler if we just lived in obedience to the Shepherd. Simpler. Not easier. Just simpler.

As far as my description of the site goes, I should probably clarify what I mean by looking for the fingerprint of God in our lives.

I believe this world functions on two levels: the natural and supernatural. The natural is the stuff right in front of our eyes: what we see, hear, touch, etc. All very explainable, mostly understandable. The supernatural is the stuff behind the scenes: a myriad of activity we only get glimpses of sometimes in mostly oblique ways. I believe God is active and interested on an intimate level with our lives, and leaves bits and pieces of evidence of His supernatural workings within the natural world. Very rarely is this spectacular (I have had two instances of what I would call spectacular interventions of God in my life, and both could still be explained away if you wanted to). Mostly, it is revealed upon reflection.

Still, it's wonderful stuff that I will take joy in the opportunity to relate as it seems appropriate.

For now, this is enough.

0 comments:

About This Blog

  © Blogger template 'Personal Blog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP